Friday 18 October 2013

Beach Scene Colour Scheme (83 - 93)

I decided to change my design concept for the beach scene for a more dream like approach, as if looking the characters are just first stepping out and opening their eyes to this new, never seen before land. I drew inspiration from this concept art for Pixar's Wreck it Ralph, and this image of a pastel sunset. Using these for inspiration I created a colour scheme on Online Colour Scheme Designer

I created the thumbnails below based on this colour scheme, and developed some of them with a blur around the edge and a de-focused, light shining effect to give the impression of a first look out.
Although I like the new colour scheme I felt it was going more down a candy land line than de saturated pastel. I combated this by desaturating some thumbnails- I like this effect much more.


No comments:

Post a Comment